sunnuntai 13. maaliskuuta 2016

A post from 2 months ago

I WROTE THIS TWO MONTHS AGO AND FORGOT TO POST IT!

Hi! I decided to do this post in English since it feels like a more natural and automatic language to me than Finnish. And a bonus is that all of the Americans here can read this!


I've been here for about 5 months and two weeks now and yes, it feels that the day I came here was just yesterday. Sketchy saying "Time flies" is apparently really true. My weeks just become better and better even tho there are some step backs, obviously! But I have an amazing family here and the Rotarians, school friends and of course the other amazing exchange students. I have bad days still, it is jus life, but here they feel like hundred times worse than they would feel back in Finland.

I just had an amazing weekend in Oneida, it was an orientation organized by Rotary (duh obviously), and it was so great to see all of the exchange kids once again and spend some great time with them! This time we were with some Oneida Interact kids and on Sunday we met the outoounds for next year from our district! It was so great to tell about Finland to the exchange student, Samantha. You guys in Finland, heads up, she's one great kid so if she's coming to your town or somewhere near you, make sure to get in touch with her!

So I'm writing with my new laptop, because my iPad just broke for no reason, I mean the screen just stopped working... I miss it quite a lot but this new Toshiba is great.

I really like to be here, even though, of course, there are a ton of bad days too. It's just life and especially life of an exchange student. Let's see what the remaining 5 months are gonna bring me!

Maija xx

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti